What should I expect during a tooth extraction?
- During a tooth extraction, you can expect the area to be numbed with local anesthesia, the tooth to be removed carefully, and instructions for post-operative care to be provided.
How long does it take to recover from a tooth extraction?
- Recovery times can vary, but typically, initial healing takes 1 to 2 weeks. Full healing can take up to 6 months.
How can I avoid a dry socket?
- Avoiding smoking, not using straws, and not poking the extraction site are some measures to prevent a dry socket.
Is tooth extraction painful?
- With modern anesthesia, pain is significantly minimized during the procedure. Post-operative discomfort can be managed with prescribed medications.
How should I clean my mouth after tooth extraction?
- It’s advised to avoid rinsing for 24 hours post-extraction. After that, gentle rinsing with warm salt water can help keep the area clean.
Can I eat normally after tooth extraction?
- It’s best to stick to soft foods and avoid hot or spicy items for a few days post-extraction.