The dental field is always evolving, and here at Lansdowne Family Dental, we make it a point to stay up-to-date with the latest tools and techniques available. After all, this new technology makes treatment more precise and accurate, and certain minimally invasive tools even increase the patient’s comfort and level of relaxation. Dr. Wael Elosta and the rest of our team love welcoming families from nearby Lansdowne, Ashburn, Leesburg and beyond.
- Digital X-Rays – Digital X-rays have far surpassed traditional machines in many ways, including easy storage, fast capture (no darkroom or waiting required), and up to 90% less radiation.
- KaVo OP 3D™ Cone Beam Dental Imaging – This advanced technology allows us to take 3-dimensional scans of your entire mouth, providing greater precision during surgical dental implant procedures. The KaVo enables Dr. Elosta to see the structures beneath teeth and gums, including roots and internal canals, in great detail. This state-of-the-art technology can even measure bone density to ensure the location of your new implants is strategically selected, providing greater accuracy and longer-lasting results. KaVo also fully integrates with CEREC®, which custom-crafts your implant restoration right here in our office to exact fit.
- Soft Tissue Lasers – With the help of soft tissue lasers, Dr. Elosta more effectively treats moderate cases of periodontal disease than ever before. In fact, the process of cutting away diseased tissue with this advanced tool is so simple that in most cases, patients don’t even need sutures. Soft tissue lasers can also be used to make cosmetic alterations to the gums if needed.
- Intraoral Cameras – Intraoral cameras allow us to view the entire mouth on a chairside monitor. By getting a closer look, we easily identify problems and educate patients.
- The Wand – This state-of-the-art anesthesia device helps our team handle pain control more precisely and accurately than ever before. The device is computer-controlled, and its innocuous appearance helps patients feel more comfortable.
- Identafi for Oral Cancer Screenings – When it comes to oral cancer, an early diagnosis is crucial, and that’s why our team at Lansdowne Family Dental offers oral cancer screening as part of regular visits. With the optical fluorescence technology of Identafi, we easily differentiate between diseased and healthy tissues in the mouth.